Cho Oyu Expedition
At the height of 8201 m, Cho Oyu has been considered to be one of the easiest peaks among the 8000m club to climb. The climb up the Cho Oyu is considered to be a perfect exercise before summiting the Everest and the expedition to the top of this peak is a good idea for all kinds of thrill seekers looking forward to an easy climb up an 8000 m mountain.
The mental and physical preparation is mandatory before ascending up the mountain. The sweeping sights of the vast snow slopes and the extremely beautiful views all around has managed to make this peak extremely popular amongst thrill seekers around the world. It lies in the border of Nepal and Tibet and the climb to the top will be amalgamated with the views of the barren Tibet and the green Nepal. For the experience of a lifetime, this trek is highly recommended to thrill seekers all around the world.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Sightseeing and briefing in Kathmandu
Day 03: Kathmandu- Nyalam (1300 m-3750 m)
Day 04: rest and acclimatization in Nyalam
Day 05: Nyalam- Tingri (3750m- 4300m)
Day 06: Rest and acclimatization in Tingri
Day 07: Tingri- Chinese Base (4300m- 4900m)
Day 08: Acclimatization in Chinese Base
Day 09: Chinese Base Camp- Halfway to the Advanced Base Camp (4900m- 5100m)
Day 10: Rest and Acclimatization at Interim Camp (5100m)
Arrival in Kathmandu
With the anticipation to embark on the experience of a lifetime, we arrive in Kathmandu from our respective locations. Upon arrival, we can spend the rest of the day strolling around the streets or relishing the extremely tasty Nepali cuisine.
Sightseeing and briefing in Kathmandu
Today, we will spend the day by looking into the UNESCO World Heritage sites situated around Kathmandu. We will be visiting the Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square as well as other locations if we have the time. Briefing for the upcoming climb and the shopping of the necessary materials to embark on the climb will be done too.
Kathmandu- Nyalam (1300 m-3750 m)
Today we will embark on a drive to the Nepal-Tibet border after which we climb up to Nyalam. It is situated at a height of 3750 meters. We will spend the night in Nyalam.
rest and acclimatization in Nyalam
Today, the day will be spent by acclimatizing with the altitude of Nyalam and resting adequately for the upcoming climb. We will walk and hike around the surrounding hills as well as the Tashi Amdo teashop.
Nyalam- Tingri (3750m- 4300m)
Today, drive along the dry arid areas amalgamated with the views of the extremely beautiful mountainous peaks to reach Tingri.
Rest and acclimatization in Tingri
We will spend this day by visiting around Tingri and acclimatizing with the high altitude. It is important to move around instead of staying idle to reduce the chances of falling sick.
Tingri- Chinese Base (4300m- 4900m)
Today, we will be embarking on a beautiful drive to the Chinese Base situated at a height of 4900 meters.
Acclimatization in Chinese Base
Acclimatization is mandatory to reduce the chances of falling sick through Acute Mountain Syndrome. It is important to move around the area and hike instead of staying idle.
Chinese Base Camp- Halfway to the Advanced Base Camp (4900m- 5100m)
Today, we will move on towards the Advanced Base Camp and stay the night in an interim camp situated in alongside the path.
Rest and Acclimatization at Interim Camp (5100m)
9) Walk halfway to advanced base camp, camp at 5100 metres/16,800 feet;
10) Rest day & Acclimatization at "interim-camp" at 5100 metres/16,800 feet;
11) Walk to advanced base camp at 5600 metres/18,500 feet. Rest
12) Rest & Acclimatization, training, and organization at advanced base camp; back to top
Climbing Cho Oyu:
13) Walk to camp 1 at 6200 metres/20,450 feet, return to advanced base camp.
14) Rest in advanced base camp;
15) Walk to camp 1, Sleep;
16) Explore the route to Camp 2 at 6700 metres/22,100 feet. Return to advanced base camp.
17) Rest in advanced base camp;
18) Rest in advanced base camp;
19) Walk to camp 1 and sleep there;
20) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there;
21) Explore the route to camp 3 at 7400 metres/24,400 feet. Return to advanced base camp. Rest;
22) Rest in advanced base camp;
23) Rest in advanced base camp;
24) Rest in advanced base camp;
25) Walk to camp 1 and sleep there;
26) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there;
27) Walk to camp 3 and sleep there; back to top
28) Summit attempt;
29) Summit attempt;
30) Summit attempt;
31) Summit attempt;
32) Summit attempt;
33) Summit attempt, descend to camp 2; back to top
34) Descend to advanced base camp, pack and prepare to depart;
35) Final packing, walk down from advanced base camp to Chinese base, drive to Tingri and spend the night;
36) Drive from Tingri to Kathmandu;
37) Celebration Banquet. Packing and final shopping in Kathmandu;
38) Say Good-bye to your new friends, Departure for home.
Day 1-2 Fly to Kathmandu
Day 3 Final preparations
Day 4 Drive to Friendship Bridge, enter Tibet and overnight in Zhangmu
Day 5-6 Drive to Nylam, acclimatisation walks
Day 7-8 Drive to Tingri, acclimatisation walks
Day 9 Drive to Chinese Base Camp (4900m)
Day 10 Preparations
Day 11-13 Trek to Base Camp via intermediate camps
Day 14-39 Ascent of Cho Oyu
Day 40-41 Return to Kathmandu
Day 42 At leisure, evening flight
Day 43 Return flight