Everest Gokyo Ri Trek
The Everest Gokyo Ri trek, passes through the viewpoint of Gokyo Ri and is an alternative trekking trail designed to reach the Base Camp of the Mt. Everest. The trail offers spectacular views of the mountain peaks of the Khumbu/ Everest region, namely Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Gyachung including the Everest itself. The passage of the trail through the Gokyo valley offers opportunities to mix up with the ethnic populations of the region and also view the spectacular glaciers in the region.
The major attractions of this trek are the viewpoints Gokyo Ri and Scoundrel’s viewpoint. Is the Everest Base Camp safe to visit after the 2015 earthquake? Though major damages had been endured by the base camp, all the damages are quickly being reinstated to their former glory. So it is absolutely safe to marvel upon the beauty of this Himalayan country and embark on an adventurous trek across the Everest region.
Day 01: ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU (1,300m)
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport).
- 2 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after trip).
- Schedule flight Ktm-Lukla-Ktm
- One guide and one assistant sherpa
- Insurance for Nepalese staffs
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back.
- Tea, coffee, hot water, fresh fruits, etc. during the trip.
- National Park entrance fee.
- Pasang Lhamu Village Development Entrance fee
- Agency service charge.
- 13% government tax.
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone ,etc..
- Tips for Nepalese staffs.
ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU (1,300m)
Day 02: Kathmandu - Lukla (2,800m) - Phakding (2,652m)
Day 03: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
Day 04: Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Namche Bazaar - Dole (4,200m)
Day 06: Dole - Machhermo (4,470m)
Day 07 : Machhermo - Gokyo (4,800m)
Day 08: Gokyo - Gokyo ri (5,357m) - Gokyo – Thanknak (4,850m)
Day 09: Thangnak –Cho La Pass (5,330m)- Dzongla (4,830m)
Day 10: Dzongla - Lobuche
Day 11: Lobuche - Gorakshep (5,170m) – Kalapathar (5.550M) – Gorakshep
Day 12: Gorakshep - Everest Basecamp (5,364m) – Periche (4,371m)
Day 13: Periche - Namche Bazaar
Day 14: Namche Bazaar - Lukla
Day 15: Lukla - Kathmandu
Day 16: Departure